Leverett Butts - Musings of a Bored English Teacher

Occasional web log from Southern writer Leverett Butts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Temple, Georgia, United States

English Professor in Georgia. Writer of Southern lit

Wednesday, March 03, 2004

"I felt bad because I had no shoes; then I met a man with no feet."

I don't feel so old, today. Or rather I still feel old, I just realized this morning that my generation is far from alone.

This goes out to all you folks who were in high school in the mid to late nineties:

Welcome to adulthood and rapid aging!

I heard Green Day this morning on the adult contemporary station.

Frank Sinatra, Bobby Darrin, The Beatles, Elton John, The Police, and Green Day. They're all on the old fart station.

Apparently the only truly youthful and vibrant crowd are the under twelve set.

So, to the graduating classes of 1995, '96, '97, '98, and '99, I say "Welcome."

The shuffleboard courts are to your left and senior art class starts in thirty minutes.

In the meanwhile, I raise my cup of Metamucil and salute you.