Leverett Butts - Musings of a Bored English Teacher

Occasional web log from Southern writer Leverett Butts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Temple, Georgia, United States

English Professor in Georgia. Writer of Southern lit

Monday, October 25, 2004

Friday was my birthday.

Thanks to everyone who emailed me (Unfortunately, I didn't get them until today, but better late than never).

My students keep asking me if I went out and partied my ass off Friday.

Sadly, my ass has been off for years now.

Also, when you live paycheck to paycheck and your birthday falls in the middle of the month, there's not a whole lot of money for much partying.

Now, if Mom had said yes just a couple of weeks earlier, it may have been a different story.

**********

By the way, Elbert Markey, my homeless friend, has a new post up. Y'all click the link on the left of the screen and check it out.