Leverett Butts - Musings of a Bored English Teacher

Occasional web log from Southern writer Leverett Butts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Temple, Georgia, United States

English Professor in Georgia. Writer of Southern lit

Monday, January 05, 2004

My New Year's Resolutions:

1. Exercise more (by more, of course, I mean to exercise any)

2. Lose some weight.

3. Don't find it.

4. Eat more fiber.

5. Eat less crap.

6. Fix the basement.

7. Fix the gutters.

8. Save Arx Fatalis from the demon Akbaa and his evil minions.

9. Rescue Middle Earth.

10. Write my new detective story between these two epic campaigns.

11. Finish reading the Philip Marlowe novels.

12. Focus on my job exclusively.

13. Focus on my family exclusively.

14. Focus on my friends exclusively.

15. Avoid a heart attack now that I'm in my thirties.

16. Keep my big mouth shut.

17. Be more supportive of my power-hungry politicians.

18. Be less critical of the mind-boggingly stupid.

19. Make a time machine.

20. Keep my goals within reach.